From the President
As we close the door (and throw away the key!) on a crazy 2020, I want to send a heartfelt thank you for being a supporter of Greater Cincinnati SMPS. We wouldn’t be here, making it through this pandemic, without each and every one of you and your support.
Although it has been an unpredictable year, it is helpful to reflect on the positive things that came out of this year:
- Without missing a beat, GCSMPS was able to flip from hosting in-person events to virtual events, bringing you more content than ever to learn, network, and have a little fun.
- We received continued support from our Corporate Sponsors – GBBN, HGC Construction, APG Office Furnishings, Fishbeck, and HAWA. I cannot say enough great things about how they have stepped up to support our chapter and helped us continue to be successful throughout the year. If you’d like to become a corporate or program sponsor, there are still opportunities. Reach out to Chris Bills, our Sponsorship Chair, for more information.
- We welcomed three new CPSMs into our ranks (Janet Heil, Karen Holtman, and me) even as we shifted our study group from in person to online. The study group reviews each of the domains of practice, allows you to ask questions with your peers, and gives you accountability partners, all to help you prepare for the CPSM exam. If you’ve set a New Year’s resolution to become a CPSM, check out the CPSM information session on January 6th from 4:45-6:00pm.
- With your generosity, we were able to raise $568 for the Salvation Army’s #RescueChristmas Virtual Red Kettle campaign. The GCSMPS board committed to matching anything raised up to $500, so in total our group donated $1,068 to help those in need in our community this holiday season. Thank you for your giving spirit.
As you set your New Years’ resolutions, be sure to determine if you have a professional goal GCSMPS can help you with. Feel free to reach out to me directly to see how we can help YOU grow in 2021!
Melanie Pliskin, CPSM
Greater Cincinnati SMPS
Calendar of Events
The Power Of Design
January 13, 2021
2:00 PM to 3:15 PM
Learn why graphic design principles are important and how can they influence your audience.
Virtual Project Tour Livestream: FC Cincinnati Stadium
January 21, 2021
1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Get your first look at the new home of FC Cincinnati as it takes shape!
CPSM Study Group
CPSM Study Group - Free Information Session
January 06, 2021
4:45 PM to 6:00 PM
Attend this free CPSM Study Group Information Session with an introduction to CPSM and study tips, and learn more about the Study Group series that kicks off in February!
SMPS HQ Link
Some of us can’t wait to say goodbye to 2020. And while it hasn’t been the greatest year, there’s a positive that came out of it (other than wearing our comfy joggers or pajamas more often)—and that’s the opportunity to grow professionally through virtual learning. Before we wrap up the year, here are our pouplar products from 2020.
A/E/Courses: Business Development Best Practices
Learn the best process for finding, developing, and growing new business—and increasing business with existing clients.
Connect and Capture: Writing To Win Business
Discover how to differentiate yourself, tell a compelling story, and drive client behavior all to your firm’s advantage
You've worked hard to create the best marketing pieces. Show the Heartland region how great your team is by submitting your work for the 2021 Pinnacle Awards.
The SMPS Pinnacle Awards, announced as part of the Heartland Regional Conference, recognizes excellence in marketing communications produced by professional services firms in the design and building industry.
- Recognition for your outstanding efforts
- Showcase your work and a job well done
- Exposure for your firm
- Educate the industry about the critical role of marketing in successful firms
Submittal must be received electronically by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 6thth, 2021. More info at https://bit.ly/HRCAwards21