From the President
Be kind to yourself.
Wise words that were recently shared with me by a colleague. They ring truer and truer as our schedules continue to fill up. As marketers, we are accustomed to taking on a lot personally as well as professionally. We are continuously asked to do more to help lead our companies. As you strive to balance your work with whatever personal activities you are comfortable doing, be kind to yourself.
This is the Year of You, so please take a minute to reflect on how YOU are feeling. Are you relaxed? Are you stressed? Are you inspired? Do you have too much to do? No matter how you feel, take a few deep breaths, recenter, and know that it’s okay to take a break.
As you reflect, if you have a fresh idea on how we can help you get the most out of your membership, we want to hear it!
- How can we help you continue to build your network?
- Do you have questions on what it takes to achieve your CPSM?
- What professional development do you need to progress into the next phase of your career?
- Is there a program idea you’re dying to pitch?
Let us know! I encourage you to reach out to me directly a [email protected].
Another great way to get where you want to be is by joining SMPS for the first ever virtual Build Business Conference taking place from October 5th – 9th. With more than 50 sessions and up to 40 CPSM CEUs to be earned, the conference offers sessions for you to learn from your peers, answer burning questions, and explore how others are solving problems. Check out their full schedule here and register by this Friday here.
Hope to see you at Build Business or at our great chapter events this month! And remember: Be kind. Even to yourself.
Melanie Pliskin, CPSM
President, Greater Cincinnati SMPS
Calendar of Events
October 05, 2020
7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Discover your Marketing and B/D rockstar with Build Business 2020—virtual!
October 15, 2020
2:45 PM to 4:00 PM
Unable to attend Build Business, even virtually? Or maybe you weren't able to catch one key topic? Your colleagues at GCSMPS will report back with their favorite takeaways from Build Business.
October 28, 2020
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Virtual panel of economic development county leaders will discuss the many challenges and opportunities for our region.
November 03, 2020
9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
A six-week workshop to enhance your InDesign skills. Great for beginners and advanced InDesign users.
Congratulations to our GCSMPS members who are achieving great things in their careers. Clockwise starting from upper left corner:
- Adrienne Ruebusch, Vice President of Business Development for Miller Valentine Group, was selected to join Leadership Cincinnati class of 2021.
- Josh Beeman, Owner of Josh Beeman Photography was selected to photograph new hospitality features at the Great American Ball Park.
- Amanda Roehl, Owner of Pixels and Ink Studio, will be presenting "Infographics for Anyone" as part of the On-Demand series in Build Business 2020.
- Kate Elliott was promoted to Director of Marketing and Strategy at HGC Group of Companies.
We want to celebrate YOU. If you have a milestone you want us to celebrate, share it with our Communications Committee: [email protected]
New and Renewed Members
We extend a warm welcome to our new member, and gratitude to our renewing members.
- Ameen Bakare, Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Madison Dunlap, MSA Design
- Eugene Ungermann, Elevar Design Group
- Nick Bockerstette, EDGE
We want to bring you an amazing conference experience. One that’s reimagined without limits. One that’s focused on business continuity and transformation, with relevant content for 2020 and beyond. This year’s virtual conference will take place from October 5–9 throughout the entire week. The reimagined virtual experience will connect today’s leading marketing and business development professionals and decision-makers in A/E/C. The conference will focus on relevant and timely programming to help move you and your firm forward with topics on business continuity and transformation.
Registration for the Build Business 2020 reimagined virtual experience is open. Sign up today to receive the lowest rate and secure your spot.
With more than 30 sessions and virtual events, we can’t wait for you to experience Build Business: Pivot & Focus. Here’s what’s in store:
- This year’s virtual conference will take place from October 5–9 throughout the entire week
- We’ve lowered the price to $399 for SMPS members and $599 for non-members
- The experience will feature a variety of keynotes, breakout sessions, awards and celebratory ceremonies, even a virtual business exchange and exhibit hall
- You’ll have the opportunity to earn CEUs for the sessions you attend
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
SMPS HQ Link
SMPS Headquarters is alwasy bringing you the best education and professional development resources in the industry. In addition to the upcoming Build Business, check out the upcoming breakthrough professional development series, "Master This."
OCTOBER 13, 15, 19
NOVEMBER 10, 12, 16
SMPS Marketing Compensation and Metrics Survey
New in 2020: How has the pandemic affected salaries/compensation for marketing and BD professionals working in A/E/C? Take this short survey now to inform yourself and your peers. Share this with your peers so we can see how the profession has been impacted.
Since 2014, the SMPS A/E/C Salary Survey has provided annual updates and comparison reports to the SMPS community, educating marketers about hiring and spending trends of participating companies. This study is the largest compensation and metrics survey of marketing and business development professionals in the A/E/C industries available today.
Enter your 2020 data between September 14 and November 23, 2020. 2020 reports and results will be available in mid-December.