THANK YOU TO OUR ANNUAL SPONSORS
THANK YOU TO OUR MEDIA SPONSOR
From the President
If there’s anything we’ve learned over the last six months, it’s that anything can be thrown our way and we will have to quickly adapt to it. As marketers and business developers we are called to be the ones to keep calm, have a plan to lead our companies forward, and keep winning work.
That’s why the Greater Cincinnati SMPS chapter is making the 2020-2021 program year, the year of YOU.
This year you can look forward to:
- Valuable content: Inspiring programs that are meaningful with lots of virtual networking opportunities and education events that help you continue to grow and thrive in your career.
- Re-imagined member experience: Since we can’t be in person right now, we will continue to work towards connecting all members through safe and fun networking opportunities.
- Positivity champions: Things aren’t going to get easier quite yet. So, let’s all help each other continue to survive (and thrive!) during these unusual times so that GCSMPS can be you place of learning, connecting, and FUN.
This is the beginning of a new SMPS year. Hopefully, we will be able to see each other in person soon. Until then, I can’t wait to see you all virtually.
If there is anything we can do to help YOU, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]
Melanie Pliskin, CPSM
President, Greater Cincinnati SMPS
Calendar of Events
1:00 PM to 2:15 PM
The realities of selling A/E/C in 2020 are harsh. Too many good A/E/C firms are chasing fewer opportunities and the way buying teams buy is inherently causing commoditization. The decline of traditional face to face relationship building leaves old approaches out of touch and ineffective. Learn the strategies that winning teams need now to grow revenue, grab market share, and protect margins.
September 23, 2020
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
The first virtual panel in our economic development series where we'll hear from funding partners as we discuss the many challenges and opportunities in our region.
Cocktails & Commendations: GCSMPS Annual Meeting and Awards
Last Thursday we held our first Virtual Cocktails & Commendations, the GCSMPS Annual Meeting & Awards! After what has been a crazy year so far, it was great to come together (via Zoom!) and see familiar faces while looking back on the 2019-2020 GCSMPS year, celebrating one another's accomplishments, and finishing with Last Call Trivia. Congratulations to all of this year's winners!
Rising Star Award
Katie Bock, Champlin Architecture
Marketer of the Year
Jackiedra Wilson, Messer Construction
Business Developer of the Year
Nancy Goins, CPSM, N2G Consulting
Member of the Year
Katie Bock, Champlin Architecture
Marketing Communications Award Honorable Mention
Marketing Communications Award
HGC Group of Companies
Linking to Your GCSMPS Board
We'd like to both welcome and introduce you to the 2020 - 2021 GCSMPS Board of Directors!
Jen Sturges, CPSM, Past President
Eric Anderson, AICP, LEED AP ND, CPSM, President Elect
Jason Weier, Treasurer
Amanda Kladakis, Secretary
Kate Elliott, Communications
LeAnn Briggs, Education
Janet Heil, CPSM, Programs
Chris Bills, Sponsorship
Paul Moran, CPSM, Membership
Jessica Kentrup, Outreach
New and Renewed Members
Dawn Woods, ATA Beilharz
Nancy Goins, N2G Consulting
Jen Danforth, Woolpert
Pamela Rigling, John Poe Architects
Pamela Roebel, THP Limited
Build Business 2020 is going virtual!
- This year’s virtual conference will take place from October 5–9 throughout the entire week
- $399 for SMPS members and $599 for non-members
- The experience will feature a variety of keynotes, breakout sessions, awards and celebratory ceremonies, even a virtual business exchange and exhibit hall
- You’ll have the opportunity to earn CEUs for the sessions you attend
SMPS HQ Link
Master This: The Loyalty Loop
September 21, 23, 25
In this immersive and interactive three-part workshop, best-selling author and marketing strategist, Andrew Davis, will help you harness the power of the new B2B buying experience.
Master This: Change Management
October 13, 15, 19
Embracing change is necessary for success. In this three-part workshop, Maisha Hagan guides us through change management and decision-making and why it’s essential at your firm.