THANK YOU TO OUR ANNUAL SPONSORS
THANK YOU TO OUR MEDIA SPONSOR
From the President
The Gift of SMPS
Preparing for the new year often means taking a look back at the past year to remember the bright spots, the accomplishments, the obstacles you overcame and the gifts you were given. This is one of my favorite traditions and as I think back on 2018, one of the biggest gifts for me professionally not only this year, but for the past 15 years is SMPS. Here's three ways SMPS is the gift that keeps on giving:
- Superior Network of Resources and Friends - SMPS has given me the greatest network I could imagine and is a place where I have made life-long friends. The organization is brimming with people who just want to help you succeed in your professional career and personal life. And, that goes beyond the chapter. I know I can reach out to individuals across the country by simply saying "I'm an SMPS member" and it opens the conversation.
- Professional Growth and Development - through education events, conversations with colleagues, regional and national conferences and more, I've learned more about myself as a professional and about marketing in the A/E/C industry than I ever thought possible. That is not something I have found anywhere else and I am forever grateful.
- Industry Knowledge and Expertise - we are fortunate to work in an industry with great leaders and experts that are willing to share that knowledge with us through programs and webinars and we have the SMPS Foundation to better educate us about the industry we support. SMPS keeps me in the know so I can help transform business through marketing leadership.
SMPS is truly the gift that keeps on giving. If you are not currently part of our organization and want to learn more, reach out to me. We're having a membership drive in early 2019 and we'd love to have you join this incredible organization. If you are already a member, how can you get more from SMPS in 2019 or who else should be part of SMPS that's already in your network?
Let SMPS be your gift that keeps on giving in 2019 and for years to come.
Happy Holidays from SMPS Greater Cincinnati!
Megan R. Miller
President, Greater Cincinnati SMPS
Product Marketing Manager, Deltek
Calendar of Events
LUNCHTIME WEBINAR: HOW TO GET MEETINGS WITH THE MOST UNREACHABLE POTENTIAL CLIENTS
11:45 AM - 1:15 PM
Elevar Design Group - Cincinnati
Joins us for a lunchtime webinar and conversation afterwards on getting meetings with potential clients. You will gain a new understanding of what's holding you back from success. Armed with new tactics, you'll open the door to getting client contact information, sending emails they'll respond to, setting up meetings, and following up in the most effective manner. Lunch will be provided.
JANUARY PROGRAM: HOW DOES 2019 BODE FOR A DOWNTURN? JIM NEYER GIVES US SOME INSIGHT
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
at Jack Casino
The threat of a downturn is on everyone's mind. Hear from industry leader Jim Neyer about what people in Cincinnati and across the country are saying about a possible downturn and what you can do to protect against it.
There are lots of exciting programs scheduled for 2019 - the entire year is booked!
Be sure to check out the full events page and mark your calendar. We're especially excited about a spring tour of the highly-anticipated Kroger building at Court and Walnut.
Build Business 2019 brings together today’s leading professionals and decision-makers responsible for bringing in business and building your firm’s bottom line. This intensive three-day conference is packed with powerful learning sessions, dynamic keynote speakers, and an array of networking opportunities that encourage you to make and renew priceless business contacts.
Now through December 21, take advantage of Cyber Monday pricing. Learn more.
CPSM Study Group
Why earn your CPSM? Just see what one of our members has said about its value:
"Earning my CPSM has been a professional goal since entering the A/E/C industry eight years ago. When I became the first full-time marketing professional hired by my firm, certification became crucial. Not only did it deepen my knowledge and understanding of the six domains of practice, but I can now help my technical professionals understand the marketing and business development side of our industry."
Still not sure? Attend our free information session on January 22!
CPSM STUDY GROUP - FREE INFORMATION SESSION
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
at KZF Design
Attend this free CPSM Study Group Information Session with an introduction to CPSM and study tips!
CPSM STUDY GROUP - REGISTRATION
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
at KZF Design
Study with your peers and prepare to take the test that proves you are certified in our industry best practices.
SMPS HQ Link
Your SMPS Profile Matters
How can you find colleagues—or partnering opportunities—if your profile hasn’t been updated since bell-bottoms were in fashion? (We’ve heard that an SMPS HQ staffer still has them in her (or his) closet but we won’t divulge.) Don’t wait: Make sure everything is up to date on your profile, especially for your firm. Check your profile.
Congratulations to Jennifer Sebranek, recently named as Principal of GBBN Architects. Sebranek has been a member of GCSMPS since 2012.
Congratulations to Melissa Schmetzer, CPSM of HDR and Melissa Putnick, CPSM for recently passing the Certified Professional Services Marketer exam!
Congrats to Pegi Yocom who recently joined HDR as a Senior Marketing Coordinator.
Kudos to Samantha Brockfield who recently joined d.e. Foxx & Associates, Inc. as Marketing Communications Manager.
#smpsgivesback - Thank you!
During the month of November, the Greater Cincinnati chapter held a very successful clothing drive to benefit Dress for Success and the Brighton Center’s Well Suited program. In total, over 500 articles of clothing were given to these two organizations as they work to support the disadvantaged in securing a job and achieving self-sufficiency. This is the most our chapter has donated to date!
A variety of firms donated to the cause including Engineered Building Systems, GBBN, HGC Construction, Messer Construction, SHP and Woolpert. SHP donated the most clothing and won the gift card. A big thank you to the Outreach committee (Jan Barnhorst, Diane Hansbury, Erin Kaising, Jessica Kentrup and Chuck Lohre) for planning, organizing and delivering such a successful event.
New and Renewed Members
We are thankful for our members who continue to support our chapter and SMPS as a whole. Here are the members that recently renewed their memberships:
- Jan Barhorst - Marketing Manager for McGill Smith Punshon Inc.
- LeAnn Briggs - Communications Coordinator for THP Limited Inc.
- Chuck Lohre, LEED AP, CPSM - President of Lohre & Associates Inc.
- Janet Heil - Marketing Manager for Bayer Becker