What a #REMARKABLE Year!
A few weeks ago, we marked the 35th Anniversary of our chapter. We recognized our past presidents who helped build our chapter’s foundation and celebrated our accomplishments this year. For those of you in attendance – thank you! It was one hell of a good time made all the sweeter by sharing it with you.
Congratulations to our award winners:
- Business Developer of the Year - Pam Roebel with Frost, Brown, Todd
- Marketer of the Year - Jennifer Sebranek with GBBN
- Rising Star Award - Jason Weier with Engineered Building Systems
- Member of the Year - Eric Anderson with KZFDesign
- Greater Cincinnati Marketing Communications Award - Woolpert, First Place and Intrinzic, Honorable Mention
This year every program, event, and decision was designed to help our members and their firms be #REMARKABLE. Though the year officially ends August 31, I wanted to share a few highlights of what our chapter has accomplished this year:
- 18 new members since September 2017
- 82% membership retention
- 83% of members attended at least one event and 44% attended 5 or more events
- Donated more than $7,000 to charities including Rosie’s Girls, Cincinnati Architecture Mentoring Program, Houston Chapter Hurricane Harvey Relief, and the SMPS Foundation
- $9,724 in sponsorships from 25 companies, allowing us to deliver REMARKABLE programming and events
- 50+ attendees on average for monthly programs with a strong mix of members and guests
- 17 remarkable speakers for education events covering all six SMPS Domains of Practice
While these numbers show remarkable accomplishments, for me our chapter is #REMARKABLE because of you. None of this would be possible without the members who volunteer, working behind the scenes to plan and execute our events. Without our members attending and promoting our events and the firms who sponsor our events and support our members in their involvement, our chapter would cease to exist.
On a personal note, serving as chapter president has been one of the proudest moments of my professional career. I am so proud of what we have accomplished and am humbled by the faith, trust, and support I’ve received. Our chapter’s future is on solid ground and I can’t wait to see what the next group of leaders will do.
Member Breakfast - July 2018
July 10, 2018 and July 11, 2018
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Rise and shine with GCSMPS - breakfast is on us! Join us for our GCSMPS Member Breakfast Week to catch up with old friends and make new connections. We will have three different locations during our Member Breakfast Week. See details below.
- Cincinnati Downtown - Tuesday, July 10 @ 8:00 a.m. at First Watch on 7th Street
- Cincinnati North - Tuesday, July 10 @ 8:00 a.m. at First Watch at Kenwood
- Dayton - Wednesday, July 11 @ 8:00 a.m. at First Watch at Town & Country
August 23, 2018
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Reeves Golf Course
4757 Playfield Lane
Cincinnati, OH 45226
Please join us for the Greater Cincinnati SMPS Footgolf Outing! Learn more and register here.
Beverage Sponsor Snack Sponsor
Longest Kick Sponsor Hole Sponsor
A warm welcome to our new members and a big thank you to our renewing members!
- Kate Ellitt, HGC Group of Companies
- Jennifer Danforth, Woolpert
- Ashley Husain, VSWC Architects
- Joseph Linginfelter, Messer Construction Company
- Melissa Lutz, Champlin Architecture
- Alexa McDonald, FX Facility Group
- Megan Miller, Deltek
- Ruth Triplett, LJB Inc
- Paridhi Vaid, MSA Architects
Kudos to our members on their achievements:
- Congratulations to Jan Barnhorst on joining MSP as Marketing Manager
Check out these free learning labs for members.
Branding in the Age of Transformation
July 17, 2018
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
At the dawn of digital, many had predicted “the end of branding as we know it”—and while the discipline of branding has changed dramatically in the past decade, having a strong, differentiated, and focused brand is more critical than ever before. Learn more and register here.
Learn more and register here.
Build Business 2018
Build Business 2018 brings together A/E/C clients, content experts, principals, business developers, and marketers to beautiful San Diego, California, August 15–17, 2018, to learn from and challenge one another to think differently about business.