The power of storytelling and how it can solve almost any business problem.
THANK YOU TO OUR ANNUAL SPONSORS
THANK YOU TO OUR MEDIA SPONSOR
From the President
Time Flies When You Are #REMARKABLE
How is it March? Doesn’t it feel like we just kicked off our programming year?
Since September 1, our chapter has:
- Gained 10 new members
- Averaged 29 attendees for education events
- Averaged 68 attendees for monthly programs
- Gained one new CPSM
- Created original program and education events to help our members and firms #BeRemarkable
And we’re only halfway finished! The rest of our year will be just as remarkable. Be sure to join us on March 15 for our discussion of development in the Northern Kentucky River Cities. Additionally, on March 27, we’ll hear from a panel of media and public relations professionals on how to connect with the media. Registration information is included in this newsletter. Be sure to sign up today!
Now is the time to mark your calendars for the Greater Cincinnati SMPS 35th Anniversary Gala. On June 14, we will gather at The Sanctuary in Lower Price Hill to celebrate our remarkable members and their service to the AEC industry. We need YOU to nominate your peers to be recognized for all the remarkable things they do every single day to support their firms. Later this month, you will receive a call for nominations, so start thinking about who you’ll nominate for Business Developer of the Year, Marketer of the Year, and the Rising Star Award. Our chapter will make a $35 contribution to the SMPS Foundation in the name of each winner to honor our 35th anniversary.
This year, we are introducing a new award called the Greater Cincinnati Marketing Communications Award. This award will be for outstanding marketing endeavors, including re-brands, marketing campaigns, and web pages. Submitting your firm for this award will help you prepare your submittals for future MCA awards at the national level.
Thank you for all you do to make our chapter a success.
Calendar of Events
Continuing the Neighborhood Conversation - NKY Cities
March 15, 2018
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
1000 Broadway Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Last year, we discussed our College Hill, Clifton Heights, and Northside neighborhoods; this year, we will look to the next set of redeveloping neighborhoods in the Northern Kentucky River Cities: Covington, Newport, Bellevue, Dayton, and Ludlow. Know more and register here.
What's the Story, Morning Glory?
March 27, 2018
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Enquirer Building - 14th Floor Conference Room
312 Elm St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
What's the story, morning glory? Everyone loves telling a good story, especially if that story can help you support and grow your business. Join us for this exciting roundtable session with the region's leading media and PR professionals. Know more and register here.
Save the Date for Annual Meeting 2018
Annual Meeting 2018
Participate in the 39th Annual Clarity Study
Deltek has been a leader in identifying trends and forecasting the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) market for nearly 40 years and is conducting the 39th Annual Architecture and Engineering Industry Survey. SMPS is a strategic partner on the Deltek Clarity study and we want to invite you toparticipate in this survey on the state of the A&E industry. If you choose to participate, your firm will receive early access to the survey findings and be able to benchmark your company against both the average and high performing A&E companies. You can complete just the sections that are relevant to you and invite others in your firm to complete the other sections. The survey closes March 15, so take 10-15 minutes and complete the survey today.
We want to recognize the following members for their recent accomplishments:
- Thank you to our Greater Cincinnati SMPS members who have volunteered to serve on committees for the SMPS Heartland Regional Conference! We appreciate your time and effort to help make it a great conference for our region.
- Paridhi Vaid, MSA Architects, is serving as co-chair of the Communications Committee
- Melissa Lutz, Champlin Architecture, is serving as co-chair for the Special Programs Committee
- Kristin DeBord, Schaefer, is on the Special Programs Committee
- Amanda Roehl, Pixels and Ink Studios LLC, is serving on the Programs Committee
- Congratulations to Abby Jacobs for joining Woolpert, Inc. as Phase Manager
- Congrats to Megan Miller on being the presenter for the next SMPS HQ Lunchtime Lab. To know more about her presentation, click here.
- Mike Glen, CPSM, gave the keynote presentation at the February 15, 2018 Business Courier Healthcare Heroes event. Check out his speech here.
If you know of a member that deserves recognition, send your kudos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring into GCSMPS Membership!
We’re holding our annual membership drive the month of April. Are you interested in joining, or know someone who is? Reach out to email@example.com.
As a bonus, new members who join during the drive will receive free admission to our 35th Anniversary Gala on June 14. Referring members will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.
Look for more information in the coming weeks!
New and Renewed Members
A warm welcome to our new members and a big thank you to our renewing members!
- Kelly Everett, American Structurepoint
- Joel Hecker, SME
- Rhea Hickok, Ameresco, Inc
- Eric Anderson, KZF Design
- Jen Barnett, Hub+Weber Architects
- Joseph Factor, Intertek-PSI
- Karen Holtman, SHP Leading Design
- Cynthia Jackson, CMTA Consulting Engineers
- Suzanne Parkey, Parkey Design
- Adrienne Ruebusch, Miller Valentine Group
- Jeni Schmidt, Elevar
- Jen Sturges, Woolpert
- Jason Ulmenstine, Construction Process Solutions, Ltd.
SMPS HQ Link
This FREE educational series (for members only) features great topics and respected speakers who can help you build skills to work smarter, advance your career, and build your firm’s business.
Upcoming Learning Labs:
Get More From Your CRM: Tips and Tricks From the Field
March 13th 12-1:00 PM ET
To know more and register, click here.
Micro Volunteering Opportunities
If you want to get involved with GCSMPS but don't have much time, micro-volunteering is the perfect option for you. Without spending hours, you can still help out with running the show. Some currently available opportunities are:
- 35th Anniversary Gala planning help (Contact Outreach Chair, Jen Sturges, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
#SMPSgivesback - Get Involved!
Once again GCSMPS will partner with Dress for Success and the Brighton Center. Your business attire donations, we can help individuals as they begin their journey toward economic independence. This year we are inviting representatives from these organizations to the chapter's Annual Meeting to accept donations from members. Please bring donations to these two events only. For more information, contact Jen Sturges at email@example.com