Live. Work. Play. Stay.
This presentation will highlight the redevelopment of 110 acres at the Blue Ash Airport site, with partners Al. Neyer, Vandercar Holdings, and MI Homes.
Spring Tour | Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
Learn more about the new Otto M. Budig Theater for the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company and how it will provide the region’s most intimate and unique viewing experience for patrons.
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company Jobsite
Footgolf combines golf and soccer together. Similar to golf, players kick a ball into the hole with the least amount of strokes possible. Anyone can play!
Reeves Golf Course
You Say Find Your Passion, I Say Find Motivation - Free for Members
Instructor: Kenda Salisbury, CPSM, Business Development Manager, Degenkolb Engineers
We all have those days. Sometimes, it’s hard to get dressed, make your way to the office, and focus on the tasks at hand. Even if it’s just once a year, it can hold you back.
If you’re like me, you’re tired of being told to find your passion, or do what you love. Not one person I know loves what they do every single minute of every single day.
So, how do we throw out those moments when we lack enthusiasm? How do we move forward and continue to achieve our goals? The key is to stay motivated. But staying motivated is different for everyone. Finding your way will help you unlock the doors so that you can continue to be successful.
During this learning lab, attendees will:
• Identify the behaviors that hold them back
• Learn motivation tips and tricks for success at work
• Discover habits to get and stay motivated
Whether you’re a new or seasoned business developer, Business Development for the A/E/C Industries Workshop will provide you with the skills and tools to build more business for your firm in any economy. Led by seasoned, active A/E/C practitioners with responsibility for bottom-line contractual results, this program will strengthen your business development skills to position your firm for success in 2017. During this interactive, day-long workshop you will gain the special skills, techniques, and tools necessary to develop and maintain a successful business development program for your professional services firm.
Business Development for the A/E/C Industries is ideal for professionals who are:
- new to business development
- looking for formal BD training
- working in a technical profession and responsible for BD and client development
- transitioning from marketing to BD
- training technical staff to develop business
Gain insight into your specific business development needs. You will be challenged to evaluate the effectiveness of your current sales efforts, to strengthen your firm’s business development strategy, and to explore effective solutions to challenging business development situations.
These workshops are happening across the country. Our local workshop is July 12 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
This July in Indianapolis, Build Business will feature game-changing content in business development, marketing and leadership. Join top-notch professionals who are passionate about learning, collaborating and setting the standard for best practices.
Discounted conference rates are still available when you register by June 2. Don't miss this three-day national SMPS conference!
Due to popular demand, we are excited to now accept mens' clothing for donation!
Don't forget to bring your donations to the next GCSMPS event! Throughout the program year, GCSMPS has been collecting business attire that will be donated to Dress for Success Cincinnati and Brighton Center. Each time you donate, your name will be entered into a drawing for a gift card of your choice.
Items that can be donated:
- Suits – pants and skirts
- Shoes – all sizes
- New unopened pantyhose and knee highs
- NEW bras with tags
Help area individuals gain employment as they begin their journey toward economic independence! For more information or questions, please contact Page Helmick at email@example.com.
- Andrea Pakulski recently joined The Kleingers Group as Proposal Coordinator
- Liz Zimmer served as Treasurer for SMPS Heartland
- Melissa Lutz served as Programs Co-Chair for SMPS Heartland Regional Conference
- Melanie Pliskin, Melissa Lutz, Diane Hansbury, Cindy Jackson, Amanda Roehl, and Lindsay Wilhelm served on the Programs Committee for SMPS Heartland Regional Conference
- Amanda Roehl served as our Chapter Liaison for SMPS Heartland Regional Conference
- M+A Architects was recognized with the first place Pinnacle Award for Website
- M+A Architects was recognized with the second place Pinnacle Award for Holiday Piece
- Heapy Engineering was recognized with the second place Pinnacle Award for Corporate Identity
- Champlin Architecture won Best Use of Labels for Canstruction
We want to extend a warm welcome to our newest Greater Cincinnati SMPS members and a special thank you to our members who have recently renewed their membership.
We also want to welcome two of our members who recently transferred from the Chicago and Columbus SMPS chapters.
- Jen Barnett, Administrator, Hub+Weber Architects
- Alison Coning, Administrative Assistant, JMT, Inc.
- Adrienne Ruebusch, Vice President, Business Development, Miller Valentine Group
- William Reeves, Director Business Development, Diversified Facility Solutions
- Melissa Schmetzer, Strategic Pursuits Coordinator, HDR
- Micah Newburg, Business Development Coordinator, Shook Construction Co.
- Eric Anderson, AICP, LEED AP, CPSM, KZF Design
- Dawn Bardone, Terracon
- Jen Davis, Champlin Architecture
- Kristin DeBord, Schaefer
- Cindy Jackson, FSMPS, CPSM, CMTA Consulting Engineers
- Joseph Linginfelter, Messer Construction
- Andy Osier, McGill Smith Punshon, Inc.
- Suzanne Parkey, Parkey Design
- Jennifer Sebranek, GBBN Architects
- Bethany Smith, FSMPS, CPSM, Messer Construction
- Gretchen Thiessen, Patterson Pope
- John Wellinger, THP Limited Inc.
- Pegi Yocom, AECOM
- Brenden Zenni, Messer Construction
Looking for New Jockeys!
We are still looking for new jockeys (AKA new members)! Do you know someone who should join SMPS? New jockeys that join during the derby will receive a $25 Visa gift card.
Place Your Bets
Place your bets on a new jockey. Any current member who refers a new jockey who joins during the derby will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Visa gift card. Encourage someone to join and share their contact information with Megan Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, for follow-up.
Race Dates: March 1-May 31
The slate of candidates for the 2017-18 Program Year has been released. Chapter members are encouraged to make their voice heard and vote for the incoming board.
Follow the link in the survey email you received. Voting closes Friday, May 26.
After networking and a quick state-of-the-chapter meeting, member and firm achievements large and small will be celebrated and recognized. This happy hour style event is our gift to you and a perfect way to celebrate the 2015-2016 program year!
Nominations for this year's awards are due May 27!
Nominate your fellow GCSMPSers and industry leaders to receive recognition for their achievements. There are four awards this year! Please review the criteria for each award by clicking on the links below.
- Business Developer of the Year Award Nomination
- Flying Pig (GCSMPS Chapter's Rising Star) Award Nomination
- Marketer of the Year Award Nomination
- Member of the Year Award Nomination
For any questions on this program or registration, please contact Amanda Roehl @ email@example.com or 513.233.7081.
Additional Program Sponsorships are available. Contact: Amanda Kladakis @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.699.8820.
Online registration closes at 5PM on Monday, June 19. Anyone (including members) wishing to register after this cut-off date will be charged the walk-in rate. Thank you for understanding.